Monday, May 31, 2010

International House of Bentos

Just because bentos are a Japanese thing doesn't mean your bento has to include Japanese food. I've given Harumi a little break and for awhile, was really into pasta so I think I had spagetti for 4 days in a row. Then I got back into Vietnamese food, which explains the photo above.
A lot of times, my bentos rely on whatever is in the fridge and they don't always go together. In the box above, I had spaghetti bolognese, a carrot and cauliflower salad and edamame. I don't have a picture of it, but a few weeks ago my bento consisted of some soy sauce and butter potatoes, strawberries with nutella and half a PBJ sandwich. I don't actually mind the eclectic nature of these meals, but I do get some funny looks from some of the more traditional bento makers in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment