Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Revelation: Momo Candy

I had an "aha!" moment the other night. My "roommate" took me out for a late night drink at a tiny cocktail bar near our apartment. This place reminded me of all those new speakeasies popping up in New York (Angel's Share, Milk & Honey, Employee's Only) only way more authentic. The bartender asked me what I wanted to drink and started listing off fruit. I stopped him at "momo" because I know that means peach and I love peach. He proceeded to juice a fresh peach and mix it with champagne. It was lovely and oh so classy.

The point I'm trying to make is that up until that first sip, I didn't realize that Asian peach flavored candies really do taste like peaches. If you've ever had a peach gummy or hard candy from the Asian market, you know that though the flavor is tasty, it's not exactly peachy. Oh how ignorant we've been! Peaches in Asia do actually taste like that. Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

And yes, I obviously snatched this image from Amazon.com. And no, he's not really my "roommate" but he wanted a cool nickname and I couldn't think of anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment