Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Return of Smooze


Sunday marks the first day of summer so here's a summer treat post for you. When I first moved to New York, I lived right near a Whole Foods. It may be expensive, but it was nice having instant healthy food on hand for those too-lazy-to-cook days. Last summer I made a refreshingly sweet and tropically adorable discovery at WF. Smooze! Not only is it fun to say, it's also fun to eat. I was immediately drawn to the packaging since, well, I'm Asian and will buy anything with a cartoon character on it. These Indonesian frozen pops are deeeelish! They're made with fresh tropical fruit puree (mango, pineapple, guava or passion fruit) and coconut milk. It's naturally sweet and little creamier than a popsicle because of the coconut milk. It's also dairy free for you lactose intolerants.

Smooze! is back on the shelves at Whole Foods and I highly recommend picking up a box for those hot summer days. My favorite is the Pineapple-Coconut, but yesterday I picked up a box of Pink Guava which I suspect will be equally as tasty. Here's to summer!

1 comment:

  1. Remember that one time when I got back from Tae Kwon Do and you gave me a "smoothie" from the freezer and it ended up being a daquiri and I passed out?

    Yeah, me neither.

    ReplyDelete