Oh boy. Momofuku Ko hangover! I have never in my life, dined like that. Needless to say, it was amazing and one of the best dining experiences of my life. I got to try a bunch of things I'd never order if it were on a menu. (So that's what Foie Gras tastes like...Buttery!). I'm not a huge seafood eater. If there is meat on the menu, I'll always choose something that moos over something that swims. BUT! I'm glad that the chefs make the decisions for you and you just have to trust that what they put in front of you is worth eating. Dish after dish after dish, I was delighted and giddy and wanted to give the chefs a big giant sloppy caviar coated kiss. Unfortunately, you can't take pictures inside the restaurant, so I don't have anything to show you but the outside of the door and my glass of alka seltzer. You're just going to have to trust me on this stuff...
From memory, here's what we were served:
- Soft Tofu and Chinese Sausage amuse bouche
- Swiss Chard with pork
- Buttery Pepper Biscuit
- Long Island Fluke with Buttermilk and Poppy Seeds
- Green and White Asparagus with Scallops
- Sea Urchin in a Miso Broth
- Poached Egg, Caviar and Potato Chips
- Soft Shell Crab with Bay Sauce
- Shaved Foie Gras over Lychee, Pine Nut Brittle and Riesling Gelee
- Deep Fried Steak with a tasting of Onions
- Guava Sorbet with a Skin of Cream Cheese
- Black Sesame Ice Cream with Funnel Cake and Lemon Sugar
Aside from the food, it was really cool to watch the 3 chefs preparing our dishes. The ingredients they used were incredibly fresh. They blasted Led Zepplin and The Beatles. For $100 per person, I think it's totally worth it. So...anyone want to go with me again?!