Monday, July 25, 2011

Shōwa Nostalgia

After a few months of blaming the heat for everything, I've made a pact with myself to take more pictures, cook more and post more.

Here are a few from a recent random day in Tokyo. 

A handmade train station sign warning riders about bird pooping out hearts. Leave it to Japan to turn something so gross into something super adorable. 

On on our way to lunch, we stumbled upon a Shōwa Era candy shop. Japan counts their years using the name of the ruling Emperors of that time. Emperor Showa rules Japan from 1926 to 1989 and chances are, if you see something in Japan that looks "retro", it's from the Showa Era.

I know that these Hipstamatic/Instagram camera apps can be a little annoying. But I can't help but use these apps when taking  pictures of Showa Era candy and toys. 

Remember when candy was just simple, colorful and fun?

Squidward says this is what the inside of my brain looks like

Baaaabies...lots of baaaabies 

We ended the day at one of our favorite burger restaurants in Tokyo, Sunny Diner in Kita Senju. This is how they brought me my ketchup. That's why I like this place. 

There are two Sunny Diner's in Kita Senju:

Lumine Shop: 
Kita Senju Lumine 8F 

Original Shop: 
SUNNYDINER 本店
東京都足立区千住3−45

No comments:

Post a Comment