Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Miss Trader Joe's

 The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook: 150 Delicious Recipes Using Only Foods from the World's Greatest Grocery Store

I looooove bookstore browsing. Always have and always will. Tokyo book browsing is a little frustrating. There are so many cool Japanese magazines, books and manga that I can't read and very few English books that I feel are worth reading. I have found a few bookstores with large foreign book sections and I visit them every weekend. It brings me back to the days of sitting on the ground of the 3rd floor Barnes and Noble in Union Square flipping through fashion mags and cookbooks.

Getting to the point of this post...I found this Trader Joe's Cookbook last weekend which is funny because there are no Trader Joe's in Japan and I have never seen this book in America. All the recipes are made with products you can find in TJ's. I would totally buy this book if I lived in America. You can buy it here on Amazon.

I really really love Trader Joe's. It is affordable and relatively healthy. Their frozen food section is a life saver for college students too lazy to cook and busy people. I'm normally opposed to microwaving food or frozen stuff, bit TJ's has it going on. I was lucky enough to live near one in San Francisco, Seattle an New York but I'm really hurtin' for:

  • sweet and salty trail mix
  • frozen turkey meatballs
  • stacey's sea salt pita chips (and cinnamon sugar pita chips)
  • salsa verde chicken burritos
  • $1.00 bottles of sparkling water
  •  mozzarella and tomato sauce gnochi
World's greatest grocery store indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment