Tuesday, July 21, 2009

San Francisco Treat



I'm back in the Bay Area for two weeks and while my stomach seems to want to take a break from all the eating, I'm just not sure that's going to happen. Sorry belly. College friends were in town and here is what we hit up:
  • Out The Door @ The Ferry Building
  • Yogurt Castle in Walnut Creek
  • Judy's on Chestnut
  • SPQR on Fillmore
  • Tartine Cafe
  • Bi-Rite Ice Cream
  • Bacon Donuts from Dynamo Donuts
I'd say my favorite meal was definitely Tartine. Their bread in combination with locally sourced cheese and spreads equals ultimate goodness. To be honest, I was disappointed by SPQR. I've heard such amazing things from my SF friends but it just didn't WOW me. The antipasti were very good but the pasta was just so-so. I love salty food, but this was just too much. I really have no right to make this judgement, but with all the phenomenal modern and classic Italian in New York, I'm not so sure Nate Appleman can make a splash. Maybe I'd be singing a different tune had I tried the fresh sheets of pasta with pesto, but unfortunately, they ran out of pesto by the time we ordered. Sad face.

No comments:

Post a Comment