This weekend, I had friends from college in town and I have to say, we managed to put together the perfect New York food tour.
- Little Italy dinner -- Classic NY ambiance
- Baoguette -- Vietnamese food done right
- The Dessert Truck -- high end dessert, on the street
- Shake Shack -- In my opinion, best burgers and shakes in NY
- Veselka -- pierogis and beets galore
- Momofuku Milk Bar -- crazy cookies and crack pie
- Artichoke Pizza -- late night drunken snack
- Cafe Mogador -- Moroccan in the East Village
- 16 Handles -- 16 flavors of pay by the pound frozen yogurt
- Blue Ribbon Bakery -- Had to sneak in a fancy dinner
- Sweet Revenge -- A bar. With cupcakes.
- Prune -- It wouldn't be NY if you didn't have to wait 2 hours for brunch
That's a pretty impressive list if you don't mind me saying. The best part is that everyone had a different favorite meal and others couldn't even choose. For the record, my favorite was the spinach and artichoke pizza at Artichoke. Never had it and haven't stopped thinking about it since...