Friday, February 3, 2012

Cleaning Out the Kitchen :: Booze!

If you ever need an excuse to throw a big party and get all your friends wasted, move out of your apartment. I'm not a huge at home boozehag, but for some reason, over the years, we've accumulated a lot of hard alcohol. There is apparently a 100% import tax on liquor in Hong Kong so we figured it was best to push it upon all our friends in Tokyo for one last hoorah in our apartment. And being that we had just entered the year of the Dragon, we made it Lunar New Year themed...kind of.

This was definitely the most people we've ever had in our apartment so I was busy playing host and didn't have time to take a lot of pictures. Mental photos are not so helpful for blogs, but trust me when I say that it was a fun time!

Ordered Peking Duck to go with Kimchi Fried Rice (to help get rid of rice), Scallion Pancakes (used up all my flour), Gyoza, Fried Mochi and various kinds of liquor. 

And the day before, I found some Sprinkles Red Velvet Cupcake mix my sister gave me a long time ago. Not exactly Lunar New Year's themed but everyone loves red velvet and why the heck not? I did find yellow star candles to at least try and make it New Year themed, but I think that fact was lost on everyone. 

By the way, I also made another batch of the Momofuku Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cornflake cookies. You should really make some and bring them to work or give them to the man or woman in your life because people LOVE this shit. I mean, seriously, it was the hit of the whole evening and it was competing against the like of free booze. 



No comments:

Post a Comment